OXYGEN’S “DEADLY CULTS” RETURNS FOR SEASON TWO SUNDAY, APRIL 26 AT 7PM ET/PT
· “Deadly Cults” is back for a chilling season two Sunday, April 26 at 7pm ET/PT on Oxygen.
· Beginning Sunday, May 10, the series will move to its regular timeslot of 8pm ET/PT.
· The series recounts the horrific homicide cases where cult leaders executed manipulative control to sway followers within the group to kill.
· In the season premiere episode titled “Spiritual Warriors,” police must determine if the deaths of three obedient followers who die during an intense sweat lodge ceremony were accidental or if they were pushed too far by a prominent self-help guru.
Coming up this season:
· From a Kansas cult killer manipulating followers into accidental deaths to gain life insurance payouts to the founder of the Synanon, a violent cult that began as a drug rehabilitation program, conspiring a murder against a Los Angeles lawyer, the series shares a glimpse into the dark world of cults to show how power and control are used to kill instead of help.
· The series explores the psychology behind cult leaders exploiting fear and hatred in the hearts and minds of their followers, which often leads them to commit acts of violence.
· “Deadly Cults” takes a deep dive into the criminal investigations with interviews with former cult-followers, law enforcement officials, cult experts, and family members and friends closest to the victims.
“Deadly Cults” is produced by Eli Holzman, Aaron Saidman and Bill Pruitt from Industrial Media’s Intellectual Property Corporation and Paul Franklin and Chris Culvenor from Eureka Productions.
Renew/Cancel Status: Renewed for Season 2
Number of viewers (millions):
TVscorecards score: (Our score is calculated using several popularity indicators and quality ratings to generate a highly-accurate score).
About this show:
The show is comprised of four hour-long episodes that explore unhinged murder cases where investigators uncover and expose the dark world of cults that kill. From a self-proclaimed prophet convincing his followers to murder an innocent family to a vampire coven searching for their next sacrifice, the series shows how power and manipulation can lead to murder.
"Deadly Cults" recounts each case through interviews with the investigators, former cult members, and family and friends closest to the victims. The series explores the chilling tales of cult leaders and the psychology behind them exploiting fear and hatred in the hearts and minds of their followers, which often leads them to kill. The premiere episode delves into a grisly double homicide involving two parents and a missing girl that launches a multi-state dragnet with one of the suspects claiming to be a 500-year-old vampire.
"Deadly Cults" is produced by Eli Holzman, Aaron Saidman and Bill Pruitt from Industrial Media's Intellectual Property Corporation and Paul Franklin and Chris Culvenor from Eureka Productions.