Allow yourselves to get invested in Brooklyn Nine-Nine on NBC.
The broadcaster has renewed the sitcom for Season 8, TV Scorecards can officiailly confirm
The Season 8 renewal comes months ahead of the show’s seventh season premiere on February 6, 2020.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 8 is set to premiere during the 2020-21 season.
Renew/Cancel Status: Renewed for Season 8
Number of viewers (millions): 2.1
TVscorecards score: 92% (Our score is calculated using several popularity indicators and quality ratings to generate a highly-accurate score).
About this show:
NBC has renewed its critically acclaimed and Golden Globe Award-winning comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" for an eighth season.
· The seventh season begins Thursday, Feb. 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT with a one-hour premiere before airing in its regularly scheduled 8:30 p.m. timeslot beginning Feb. 13.
· Last season "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" averaged a 1.2 rating and 3.2 million viewers overall in "live plus same day" Nielsens for a total-viewer increase of +15% versus the prior season on Fox. After 35 days of linear and digital delayed viewing, the show last season grew to a 3.1 rating in 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers overall, with 59% of that 18-49 rating coming from nonlinear sources - the #1 biggest digital percentage for an NBC series last season.
· "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" was also last season's #1 most-social primetime comedy series across television, earning 9 million total interactions (Source: Nielsen Social SCR , 09/24/18-05/23/19, Primetime Daypart, Linear Window, Scripted Series Only. Twitter [Organic + Owned], Facebook [owned only], Instagram [owned only].)
· "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" stars Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Stephanie Beatriz, Joe Lo Truglio, Dirk Blocker and Joel McKinnon Miller.
· Dan Goor, Mike Schur, David Miner and Luke Del Tredici executive produce.
· The series is produced by Universal Television, a division of NBCUniversal Content Studios, Fremulon, Dr. Goor Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Detective JAKE PERALTA (Samberg) is a good enough cop that he’s never had to work that hard or follow the rules too closely. Perhaps because he has the best arrest record among his colleagues, he’s been enabled – if not indulged – throughout his entire career. That is, until the precinct gets a new commanding officer, Captain RAY HOLT (Braugher), who reminds this hotshot cop to respect the badge.
Jake may have collared more criminals, but Detective AMY SANTIAGO (Melissa Fumero, “One Life to Live,” “Gossip Girl”) is close behind, and she’s keenly aware of how many arrests she needs to close the gap. Amy grew up with seven brothers who were all cops. She’s the first girl in the family to put on a police uniform, and suffice it to say: she’s extremely competitive… about everything.